Songwriter of the Year Prizes/Opportunities
- A 1-Year Feature Photo on our Facebook Page and Facebook Group.
- S.O.T.Y. Announcement Banner for 1-Year at http://ChristianSongwriting.com.
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 19th Annual Songwriter of the year!
Songwriter of the Year will also have the option to pick one of the following prize packages.
- Premium Radio Promotion Package for one song by A-Sides Radio Promotion Package. ($3500 value – includes 12 months of promotion, tracking, and reporting for one radio single, two radio formats. Includes chart tracking and radio station adds reports through ChristianRadioChart.com. Also includes tracking and reporting for 6 other charting systems including Billboard, Christian Music Weekly, Mediabase, The Hot Chart, CCRC (Canada), and TCM (Australia). Also includes Spotify promotion and reporting to Christian playlist curators. Note: Radio Song must be professionally recorded, mixed, and mastered for radio. Song subject to approval by A-Sides Radio Promotion.)
- PR Package by INOV8 PR. ($1000 value – includes 2 press releases to be written and distributed by INOV8 PR)
- Artist Development and Consulting Package by McLaughlin Music Group. ($4500 value – includes artist development and consulting for one full year)
1st Place Prizes:
- A radio single released to radio by A-Sides Radio Promotion. ($1500 value, Indie Radio Promotion Package that includes 12 months of promotion, tracking, and reporting through ChristianRadioChart.com. Note: Radio Song must be professionally recorded, mixed, and mastered for radio. Song subject to approval by A-Sides Radio Promotion.)
- 1st Place Winners will be given an affiliate link for http://ChristianSongwriting.com. This means that you will have the ability to earn 20% commissions for anyone that enters the songwriting contest through your affiliate link. (Unlimited value!)
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 1st place winner.
- 1st Place Announcement at http://ChristianSongwriting.com/winners/ with a link to your website.
2nd Place Prizes:
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 2nd place winner.
- 2nd Place Announcement at http://ChristianSongwriting.com/winners/ with a link to your website.
3rd Place Prizes:
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 3rd place winner.
- 3rd Place Announcement at http://ChristianSongwriting.com/winners/ with a link to your website.
19th Annual Judges
- Austin French – Dove Nomination for New Artist of the Year, Singer/Songwriter, Recording Artist
- Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave – Singer/Songwriter, Recording Artist
- Paul Wright – Formerly on Gotee Records, Singer/Songwriter, Recording Artist
- Ron Rawls – Grammy Winning Producer, Songwriter/Worship Leader, Bandleader and Keyboardist for Mandisa
18th Annual Judges
- Dara Maclean – singer/songwriter, worship leader, recording artist
- Jonah Sorrentino (aka KJ-52) – singer/songwriter, hip-hop artist
- Landry Cantrell – singer/songwriter, recording artist
- Rachael Lampa – singer/songwriter, recording artist
- Cheri Keaggy – singer/songwriter, recording artist
- Chris Sligh – singer/songwriter, recording artist, American Idol season 6 finalist
- Chrissy Conway-Katina – singer/songwriter, recording artist with ZoeGirl
- Clay Crosse – singer/songwriter, recording artist
- James Katina – songwriter, bass player, vocalist for The Katinas
- Jesse Katina – songwriter and lead singer for The Katinas
- John Katina – songwriter and lead singer for The Katinas
- John Schlitt – legendary vocalist of Petra, Grammy and Dove award winning artist and songwriter
- Scott MacIntyre – singer/songwriter, recording artist, American Idol season 8 finalist
- Tammy Trent – singer/songwriter/recording artist known for her #1 radio hit, “My Irreplaceable” and others
- and others!
19th Annual Songwriting Contest Rules & Entry Procedures
- $35 (USD) for one song.
- $65 (USD) for two songs (a $5 savings).
- $95 (USD) for three songs (a $10 savings).
- $155 (USD) for five songs (a $20 savings).
- $300 (USD) for ten songs (a $50 savings).
- The 1st Quarter Entry Deadline is March 31, 2021.
- The 2nd Quarter Entry Deadline is June 30, 2021.
- The 3rd Quarter Entry Deadline is September 30, 2021.
- The 4th Quarter Entry Deadline is December 31, 2021.
As long as everything goes as planned, we will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within 60 days of each entry deadline for that quarter. All winners will be announced via our e-mail list and on our website. If you are interested in learning who makes each cut within each quarter, you can see that in our Facebook Group.
Other Important Things to Remember:
By entering this contest, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the following:
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or have parent or guardian consent.
- Songs that have been published and/or copyrighted may be entered, but songs that have been recorded by a major label artist are not eligible.
- Your songs do not have to be “radio-ready” to enter the contest. The judging will not be on recording quality. It will be on the quality of the song & lyrics. You may use a home demo with piano or guitar only for the background if you choose to.
- Your song must have lyric and audio to be accepted. Do not submit lyrics only. This is not a lyrics only contest.
- You are responsible for making all deadlines and you (or any cowriters of the songs entered) will not hold CM United, ChristianSongwriting.com or any other parties involved liable for any entries not received on time.
- If there are cowriters for the songs entered, only one set of prizes will be sent and received by the primary songwriter winning the contest.
- Other than the prizes listed on the website for the 19th Annual Songwriting Contest, you agree not to hold CM United, ChristianSongwriting.com or any other parties involved responsible for any liability in any way.
- The prizes may vary based on availability.
- All contest entry fees are final. No refunds may be given for any reason.
- All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the results of the contest be announced?
We will strive to announce the results of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within 60 days of the deadline for each quarter as long as all goes as planned. The Songwriter of the Year Award will be announced on or before February 28th, 2022.
Will I receive feedback for the song I enter?
I’m sorry, but due to the number of entries, we will not be able to provide individual critiques. However, we will provide a detailed list of the judging criteria and what the judges look for within each category to everyone that enters the contest. This can be found in our members area in our Facebook group. Once you join our Facebook group, simply search for “SONGWRITING TIPS FROM THE SONGWRITING CONTEST JUDGES”. This information will be great information and help you to self-evaluate your own song utilizing this list of tips.
Do the entries have to be recorded with accompaniment?
Do the entries have to be radio-ready?
Can I submit lyrics only?
GOOD NEWS! This year, we have a lyrics only contest. Details coming soon!