Songwriter of the Year Prizes/Opportunities
- Write or co-write a song for an INOV8 Music Group Label Artist
- Song will be professionally recorded by an INOV8 Music Group Label Artist
- Song will be released to radio internationally by A-Sides Radio Promotion.
- A 1-Year Feature Profile at http://www.cmunited.net.
- S.O.T.Y. Announcement Banner for 1-Year on the Home Page at http://ChristianSongwriting.com.
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 17th Annual Songwriter of the year!
1st Place Prizes:
2nd Place Prizes:
3rd Place Prizes:
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 3rd place winner.
- A 3-month Feature Profile at http://www.cmunited.net.
- 3rd Place Announcement at http://ChristianSongwriting.com/winners/ with a link to your website.
- John Schlitt – legendary vocalist of Petra, Grammy and Dove award winning artist and songwriter
- Tammy Trent – singer/songwriter/recording artist known for her #1 radio hit, “My Irreplaceable” and others
- John Katina – songwriter and lead singer for The Katinas
- Chrissy Conway-Katina – singer/songwriter, recording artist with ZoeGirl
17th Annual Songwriting Contest Rules & Entry Procedures
- $35 (USD) for one song.
- $65 (USD) for two songs (a $5 savings).
- $95 (USD) for three songs (a $10 savings).
- $155 (USD) for five songs (a $20 savings).
- $300 (USD) for ten songs (a $50 savings).
- The 1st Quarter Entry Deadline is March 31, 2019.
- The 2nd Quarter Entry Deadline is June 30, 2019.
- The 3rd Quarter Entry Deadline is September 30, 2019.
- The 4th Quarter Entry Deadline is December 31, 2019.
As long as everything goes as planned, we will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within 60 days of each entry deadline for that quarter. All winners will be announced via our e-mail list and on our website. If you are interested in learning who makes each cut within each quarter, you can follow the blog that has been set up in the members section. CLICK HERE to access that blog.
Other Important Things to Remember:
By entering this contest, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the following:
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or have parent or guardian consent.
- Songs that have been published and/or copyrighted may be entered, but songs that have been recorded by a major label artist are not eligible.
- Your songs do not have to be “radio-ready” to enter the contest. The judging will not be on recording quality. It will be on the quality of the song & lyrics. You may use a home demo with piano or guitar only for the background if you choose to.
- Your song must have lyric and audio to be accepted. Do not submit lyrics only. This is not a lyrics only contest.
- You are responsible for making all deadlines and you (or any cowriters of the songs entered) will not hold CM United, ChristianSongwriting.com or any other parties involved liable for any entries not received on time.
- If there are cowriters for the songs entered, only one set of prizes will be sent and received by the primary songwriter winning the contest.
- Other than the prizes listed on the website for the 17th Annual Songwriting Contest, you agree not to hold CM United, ChristianSongwriting.com or any other parties involved responsible for any liability in any way.
- The prizes may vary based on availability.
- All contest entry fees are final. No refunds may be given for any reason.
- All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the results of the contest be announced?
We will strive to announce the results of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within 60 days of the deadline for each quarter as long as all goes as planned. The Songwriter of the Year Award will be announced on or before February 28th, 2020.